First Team



Kidderminster Hrs

Mon 5 Feb 2018 | National League North | Home


Tamside Stadium




Rickey Woolton



Curzon went into this rearranged fixture against Kidderminster Harriers needing to get back to winnings ways and get themselves out of the bottom three.

Curzon came very close to taking the lead within the second minute, after being awarded a free kick 30 yards out, James Baillie delivered a great ball into the box which was headed onto Harriers crossbar by Matthew Regan but then hacked away by the Harriers. 


Curzon started the game very well, moving the ball well through midfield just finding the Harriers back four very solid.  Harriers started to get into the game after ten minutes and on 18 minutes they had their first real effort on Cameron Mason’s goal. After being awarded a dubious free kick on the edge of the box, James McQuilkin curled his effort around the wall but Mason was equal to the shot, palming it away.


Harriers were now putting on the pressure and on 25 minutes they came close twice to opening the scoring, McQuilkin had a shot which hit the post, with the ball still in play Lee Vaughan put in a cross for Joe Ironside who’s header was superbly saved by Mason.


Two minutes later Elton Ngwatala, beating his marker created an angle for a shot but Mason came to Curzon’s rescue yet again.


Curzon were struggling to get out of their own half until the 37th minute when Ben McKenna carried the ball forward on a great run down the left only to get brought down by Frazer Horsfield. 


Baillie produced another great ball into the box from the resulting free kick but Harriers defended it well. 


This boosted the confidence in the side and they started to push Kidderminster back and in the proceeds earning themselves two corners but they were still struggling to find a way through the stubborn Harriers defence.


Curzon came in at half time with the scores even and a chance to regroup.


It took 50 seconds into the second half for the Harriers to show their intend when Emmanuel Sonupe burst into the Curzon box and hit a shot across the box just going inches wide of the far post.


GOAL: But 4 minutes later Harriers took the lead after Sonupe again, working his way down the right delivered a cross which captain, Ryan Croasdale latched onto and after his second attempt, he blasted the ball high past Mason.


Mason was having a busy night and Curzon were grateful for keeping them in the game, Ironside on two occasions came close only for Mason to deny him, the second effort on 57 minutes Ironside rose above Oliver Thornley to head towards goal but Mason was perfectly placed to catch the ball.


On 66 minutes McKenna who looked lively on his home debut was brought down to award Curzon a free kick which Sam walker delivered but again Curzon found it hard to compete against the big back four of the Harriers.


GOAL: But on 71 minutes the Harriers back line was breeched when following a short corner Aaron Dwyer with his first touch since coming on found Jonathon Hunt free at the back post, Hunt then made sure by heading past Brandon Hall to draw Curzon level.


On 78 minutes Dwyer was in action again when he found himself on the edge of the box but his effort flew high over the crossbar.


GOAL: Kidderminster restored their lead on 80 minutes after good work from both substitutes a great ball by Daniel Bradley found George Waring who rounded Mason to slot home, this was a massive blow for Curzon who were just putting good pressure on the Harriers. 


Curzon battled hard in the last ten minutes to try and grab an equaliser and a great chance was presented when Curzon on 90 minutes were awarded a free kick on the edge of the box but Sam Walkers struck his effort high over the crossbar.


Curzon remain 20th in the division but they played well in spells against a side that is pushing for promotion and if the players and fans keep believing then Curzon will climb higher up the division without doubt.

Match Report by David Jones


Back to Fixtures