Hereford FC



First Team

Sat 2 Feb 2019 | National League North | Away


Edgar Street




Adam Williamson



Curzon continued their unbeaten run in 2019 after recording a superb 2-1 away win over Hereford at Edgar Street.

Despite falling behind early on in the second half through a strike from Danny Greenslade, the Nash clawed their way back with a goal from Lewis Reilly and a wonder strike from Sean Miller in the dying minutes to continue their impressive form in the New Year.


The first chance of the afternoon fell to Greenslade as he hit a snapshot effort straight at Cameron Mason, who was making his 100th first team appearance in a Curzon shirt.


The hosts continued to knock on the Nash door and force Mason into action as he denied Eliot Richards twice, first from distance and then a header from 10 yards out.


Curzon’s first chance fell to Luke Wall five minutes from the break, as he broke into the box only to power his effort over.


In a cagey first 45 minutes the sides went into half time all-square.


Into the second half and just like the first it was Hereford who started the stronger, and they had the lead just five minutes after the restart. 


Tom Owen-Evans whipped a free kick into the Nash box which was cleared, but only as far as Greenslade who made no mistake with his effort, striking past Mason to give his side the lead.


This was the first time the Nash had fell behind in three games and they were in no mood to surrender that unbeaten start to 2019 as they hit back 10 minutes later.


A cross into the box was controlled well by Reilly on his chest and neatly slotted home to draw the Nash level, netting his third goal in four games in the process.


The Nash now had their tales up and began to push for the winner. The in-form Oliver Crankshaw came close as he hit an effort just wide and into the side netting with 15 minutes left on the clock.


Fortunately for Curzon they found the right side of the netting with two minutes left to play, and in emphatic style too.


A loose ball fell to Miller 20 yards from goal, and the substitute hit an unstoppable volley past the helpless Matt Yates to give Curzon a dramatic win late on.


The win extends Curzon’s unbeaten run to six games since the New Year, and puts them joint top of the away table, with 28 points being picked up away from the Tameside Stadium.

Match Report by Josh Lees


Back to Fixtures