Match Report: Ashton United

02 Jan 2019 in News

Match Report: Ashton United Match Report: Ashton United

It was derby day delight for the Nash as they ran out 2-1 winners over local rivals, Ashton United at Hurst Cross. 


Despite going behind in the first half, goals from Oliver Crankshaw and Ryan Brooke secured the three points giving manager, Mark Bradshaw his first win. 


It was Curzon who started the stronger of the two sides and had three golden opportunities to open the scoring in the first 10 minutes. 


First Brooke had his chance however his deflected, close-range effort rolled just wide.  


The resulting corner was met by the Jonathan Hunt, whose header was denied on the line, Crankshaw then followed up but fired his effort into the side netting. 


In spite of their early dominance, the Nash were dealt a blow as Danny Shaw limped off after 15 minutes and was replaced by Danny Racchi. 


Things then went from bad to worse for Bradshaw’s side as the hosts opened the scoring. 


Tomsett broke free for the Robins and was initially flagged offside, however, the linesman dropped his flag and Tomsett was brought down by Mo Ali, gifting the hosts a controversial penalty. 


Former Curzon man, Paul Ennis converted the spot-kick to ensure his side went into the break with the lead. 


The Nash started the second half in a similar vein to the first as they hunted for the all important equaliser. 


As a result, Curzon’s dominance paid off as this equaliser came on the hour mark. 


A ball into the box was flicked on by Guest to Crankshaw, who poked home from close range for his sixth league goal of the season. 


Bradshaw’s side did not stop there as less than five minutes later they had the lead. 


A cross from the right was met by the head of Brooke whose effort beat the keeper to put the Nash in the lead for the first time in the game. 


Crankshaw and Brooke both had chances to double their account and put the Nash further ahead as both goal scorers missed golden opportunities from close range to seal the points. 


Bradshaw’s side were nearly made to pay for their missed opportunities as Liam Martin broke free in the final minute of the game. 


Fortunately for Curzon, Cameron Mason was on hand to deny the Ashton frontman with a superb save to make sure the Nash secured their first win in the league since October. 


<span class="TextRun SCXW247780051" lang="EN-GB" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; -w


Older Newer